Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
Board Certified in Hand Surgery
Dr. Bruce Leslie is a graduate of Brown University and a 1978 graduate of Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse. He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He trained at Tufts-New England Medical Center and completed a combined Tufts New England Baptist Hospital Hand Fellowship.
Dr. Leslie is an active member and chairman of the Government Affairs committee of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, a former member of the Board of Councilors of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and past president of the Massachusetts Orthopedic Association. Dr. Leslie has published numerous articles and book chapters. He has presented at many international, national and regional conferences and is a recognized expert in the field of Hand and Upper Extremity surgery. He also holds the distinction of having performed more distal biceps tendon repairs than any other surgeon worldwide.
Dr. Leslie is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery with a certificate of added qualification in Hand Surgery.
Surgical Demonstrations by Dr. Leslie
In the news:
- Dr. Leslie writes about survival strategies for private practice
- Dr. Leslie leads symposium on health policy and quality at 2013 ASSH Annual Meeting in San Francisco
- Dr. Leslie discusses Gronkowski forearm fracture on WEEI sports radio
- Dr. Leslie leads hand surgeons to Capitol Hill to discuss national health care issues with Members of Congress
- Dr. Alan Glaser interviews Dr. Leslie on the WRKO Health and Wellness Hour about distal biceps tendon ruptures.
- Drs. Leslie and Green publish article in Journal of Hand Surgery reporting the incidence of bilateral distal biceps tendon ruptures
- Dr. Leslie performs 400th distal biceps tendon repair surgery
- Bruce Leslie, MD lectures at 2011 AAOS wrist course
- Bruce Leslie, MD leads a delegation of hand surgeons to National Orthopedic Leadership Conference in Washington, DC
- Dr. Leslie lectures at Northwestern University Grand Rounds
- Drs. Leslie and Schumer publish two chapters in Master Techniques in Orthopaedics: the Wrist