|Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
Board Certified in Hand Surgery
Dr. Evan Schumer is a graduate of Cornell University and a 1992 Summa Cum Laude graduate of the State University of New York Medical School at Buffalo. He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society in 1991 and received a number of awards for excellence during his academic training. Dr. Schumer trained at the New England Medical Center, served as Chief Resident at the New England Baptist Hospital and completed a Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship at the State University of New York at Syracuse.
He is an active member of The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Society for Surgery of the Hand and is an Assistant Clinical Professor in Orthopedic Surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine. He continues to pursue original research related to Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery which he has presented at regional, national and international meetings. Dr. Schumer has published numerous articles and book chapters. He treats all hand and upper limb conditions in adults and children, with particular expertise in microsurgical repairs and reconstruction. He is heavily involved in the research and development of surgical instruments and is the holder of multiple patents on novel devices used in upper extremity surgery.
Dr. Schumer in the news:
- Dr. Schumer voted as one of Boston’s 2014 top doctors
- Dr. Schumer discusses first dorsal compartment release surgery performed on Dustin Pedroia
- Dr. Schumer performs PRP injection for treatment of tennis elbow
- Dr. Schumer talks about Dustin Pedroia’s thumb injury.
- Dr. Schumer talks with WEEI’s Rob Bradford about Andrew Bailey’s thumb injury
- Dr. Schumer discusses Carl Crawford’s wrist injury on WEEI Injury Report
- Drs. Schumer and Leslie publish two textbook chapters
- Join Dr. Schumer and Dr. Alan Glaser on the WRKO Health and Wellness Hour for a discussion of common injuries to the hand, wrist, and elbow.