Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery
Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Katz is a Magna cum laude graduate of Tufts University where she received many athletic awards as a varsity diver. She is a 2002 graduate of Tufts University School of Medicine where she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She completed her orthopaedic residency training at the Tufts Combined Orthopaedic Surgery Program. She then went on to complete a fellowship program in Sports Medicine at New England Baptist Hospital. During her fellowship, she gained training room experience working as an assistant team physician for the Boston Celtics and Harvard University Athletics. She is the current medical director of the Lasell College athletic training education program.
Dr. Katz is currently a Clinical Assistant Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine and is board certified in orthopedic surgery. She is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) and the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA). She has a special interest in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery.
Dr. Katz in the news:
- Dr. Katz invited again to instruct arthroscopy courses
- Dr. Katz talks about Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork’s achilles tendon injury
- Dr. Katz serves as Master Instructor at AANA Shoulder Arthroscopy course.
- Dr. Katz and Dr. Alan Glaser from Wellesley Primary Care discuss sports injuries to the knee on the WRKO Health and Wellness Hour.
- Laurie Katz, MD covers Boston Celtics during championship 2007-2008 season