Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
Board Certified in Hand Surgery
Dr. Leung is a native of Stockton, California. He is a graduate of Northwestern University where he majored in engineering. He completed medical school at Northwestern where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. He later completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at Tufts Medical Center followed by a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases.
Dr. Leung was a Visiting Clinician at the Mayo Clinic and the Mount Sinai Medical Center, where he gained further experience in advanced reconstruction of the elbow. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and Mmber of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. He has published and presented research in orthopedic surgery. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Tufts University School of Medicine and is involved in the selection and training of young orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Leung treats all adult and pediatric disorders of the hand, wrist, and elbow, with a special interest in complex disorders of the elbow. He is double Board-Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Hand Surgery. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife and two children.
Video demonstrations by Dr. Leung
- Massive arthroscopic debridement of an arthritic elbow
- Digital Block Anesthesia
- Arthroscopy for OCD of the Capitellum
- Arthroscopic treatment of tennis elbow
- Arthroscopy of the elbow for loose body removal
- Arthroscopic demonstration of posterolateral elbow instability and ligament reconstruction
- Application of a cast for hand and finger fractures
- Does your surgeon have “good hands?” Dr. Leung is also an expert juggler
Dr. Leung in the news:
- Dr. Leung and Dr. Alan Glaser talk about bone health on WRKO Health and Wellness Hour.
- Dr. Leung and Rob Bradford of WEEI Sports Radio talk about Tommy John surgery