|Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
Board Certified in Hand Surgery
Dr. Leung is a native of Stockton, California. He is a graduate of Northwestern University where he majored in biomedical engineering. He completed medical school at Northwestern where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He later completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at Tufts Medical Center followed by a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases.
Dr. Leung was a Visiting Clinician at the Mayo Clinic and the Mount Sinai Medical Center, where he gained further experience in complex reconstruction and arthroscopy of the elbow. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and Member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. He has published and presented research in orthopedic surgery. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Tufts University School of Medicine and is involved in the selection and training of young orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Leung treats all adult and pediatric problems of the hand, wrist, and elbow, with special interests in difficult elbow fractures and reconstructive challenges. He is double Board-Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Hand Surgery. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife and two children.
Video demonstrations by Dr. Leung
- Repair of Triceps Tendon Rupture at the Elbow
- Surgical repair of distal radius fracture
- Massive arthroscopic debridement of an arthritic elbow
- Digital Block Anesthesia
- Arthroscopy for OCD of the Capitellum
- Arthroscopic treatment of tennis elbow
- Arthroscopy of the elbow for loose body removal
- Arthroscopic demonstration of posterolateral elbow instability and ligament reconstruction
- Application of a cast for hand and finger fractures
- Does your surgeon have “good hands?” Dr. Leung is also an expert juggler
Dr. Leung in the news:
- Dr. Leung talks about Rajon Rondo’s hand injury
- Dr. Leung and Dr. Alan Glaser talk about bone health on WRKO Health and Wellness Hour.
- Dr. Leung and Rob Bradford of WEEI Sports Radio talk about Tommy John surgery