Our Orthopedic Surgeons and certified Physicians Assistants are available for consultation at our satellite offices at 40 Washington Street and 54 Washington Street in Wellesley, MA. In addition to expert consultation, we have partnered withShields MRI to provide MRI services on-site at 54 Washington Street. MRI at Shields in Wellesley offers the following advantages over MRI scans performed in a hospital:
- Less expensive than MRI performed in the hospital, helping patients save money
- Quieter and faster than most MRI units, for improved patient comfort
- Performed by technicians who only do musculoskeletal MRI, for more accurate, high-quality images
- All studies are still reviewed by the radiology staff of Newton-Wellesley Hospital, ensuring the same high-quality, independent confirmation of findings
- Studies are stored on centralized databases, accessible to physicians all over the state, improving convenience for patients and doctors
Like our primary office at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, digital X-ray can be performed at 54 Washington Street allowing for better, faster diagnosis with less radiation. All of our X-ray technicians perform only musculoskeletal X-rays and work closely with our doctors and PA’s to obtain the highest quality images possible and reducing unnecessary X-rays.
Finally, we have partnered with Rebound Physical Therapy, an independent group of physical and occupational therapists to provide convenient, on-site, coordinated patient care. (Please note, the Certified Hand Therapists at Rebound have relocated to 40 Washington Street in Wellesley).
Patients will enjoy free parking at 54 Washington Street and 40 Washington Street in Wellesley and the convenience of front door handicap access parking.