Spine Surgery and Sports Medicine
Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Kenneth D. Polivy is a graduate of Brown University and a 1978 graduate of the Tufts University School of Medicine where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He completed his orthopedic training at the Tufts-New England Medical Center serving as Chief Resident and was a Fellow in Spinal Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Dr. Polivy is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine. He is a member of The North American Spine Society. Dr. Polivy is the Associate Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at the Newton-Wellesley Hospital and a past President of the Massachusetts Orthopedic Association.
Dr. Polivy recently was honored for his 25 years of teaching at the Tufts University School of Medicine. He has a special interest in operative and non-operative spinal problems as well as general and sports related orthopedic issues. Dr. Polivy is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery, specializing in Spine Surgery and General Orthopedics, and was recently named to the AAOS Board of Councilors.
Dr. Polivy in the News:
- Dr. Polivy has been appointed to the AAOS Board of Councilors
- Dr. Polivy Voted One of Boston’s Top Docs
- Dr. Polivy Talks about Recovery from Lumbar Disc Surgery in Red Sox Outfielder Shane Victorino
- Dr. Polivy Talks to WEEI’s Salk & Holley about Gronkowski’s Back Surgery
- Dr. Polivy Talks to Chris Price about Rob Gronkowski’s Back Injury
- Join Dr. Polivy and Dr. Alan Glaser of Wellesley Primary Care for a Discussion of Back and Neck Pain
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital Earns Blue Distinction® Recognition for Better, More Reliable Outcomes in Spine and Joint Surgery