Meet Our DoctorsHand and Upper Extremity Specialists
Nicky L. Leung, M.D.
• Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
• Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
• Board Certified in Hand Surgery
Dr. Leung earned his doctorate in medicine at Northwestern University, followed by a residency in orthopedic surgery at Tufts Medical Center. He completed a fellowship in upper extremity surgery at the NYU-Hospital for Joint Diseases, and was a visiting clinician at the Mayo Clinic and the Mount Sinai Hospital where he gained further experience in complex elbow surgery. Dr. Leung is the assistant chief of the division of hand surgery and the medical director of the Outpatient Surgery Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. He is double board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Hand Surgery. He is a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Leung is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Tufts University School of Medicine and is involved in the selection and training of young orthopedic surgeons. He continues to actively conduct and publish research in orthopedic surgery and hand surgery. Since 2017, Dr. Leung has made Boston Magazine’s list of “Boston’s Top Docs” every year.
Dr. Leung treats all adult and pediatric problems of the hand, wrist, and elbow, with a special interest in complex elbow fractures, elbow arthroscopy, and reconstructive surgery of the elbow. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife and three children.
Video Demonstrations of Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery for Tennis Elbow
- Elbow Arthroscopy – Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic “Drive-Through Sign” in the Unstable Elbow
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD) of the Elbow
- Surgical Repair (ORIF) of Distal Radius Fracture
- How to Make a Cast for a Hand Fracture
Dr. Leung in the News