Meet Our DoctorsHand and Upper Extremity Specialists
Nicky L. Leung, M.D.
• Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
• Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery
• Board Certified in Hand Surgery
Dr. Leung earned his medical degree at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, followed by a residency in orthopedic surgery at the Tufts-New England Medical Center. Following that he completed a fellowship in upper extremity surgery at the NYU-Hospital for Joint Diseases, and then was a visiting clinician at the Mayo Clinic and the Mount Sinai Hospital where he gained further experience in complex elbow surgery. Dr. Leung is the assistant chief of the division of hand surgery at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. He is double board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Hand Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons as well as the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Leung is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Tufts University School of Medicine and is involved in the selection and training of young orthopedic surgeons. He has published and presented research in orthopedic surgery and hand surgery.
Dr. Leung treats all adult and pediatric problems of the hand, wrist, and elbow, with a special interest in complex elbow fractures, elbow arthroscopy, and reconstructive surgery of the elbow. He enjoys spending his free time with his wife and three children.
Video Demonstrations of Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery for Tennis Elbow
- Elbow Arthroscopy – Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic “Drive-Through Sign” in the Unstable Elbow
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD) of the Elbow
- Surgical Repair (ORIF) of Distal Radius Fracture
- How to Make a Cast for a Hand Fracture
Dr. Leung in the News